Home   Sport   Article

Sinclair signs for Scorries during break from US scholarship


By Alan Hendry

Get a digital copy of the Courier and Groat delivered straight to your inbox every week



Brandon Sinclair at Wick Academy's first post-lockdown training session in Thurso on Saturday. Picture: Mel Roger
Brandon Sinclair at Wick Academy's first post-lockdown training session in Thurso on Saturday. Picture: Mel Roger

Wick Academy manager Gary Manson says he is delighted to have secured the services of Brandon Sinclair while the 20-year-old is home on an extended break from his football scholarship in the United States.

The defender made 17 appearances for the Scorries between 2016 and 2018 before going abroad. He is back in Caithness for the time being and will be able to play a part in the 2020/21 campaign which is due to start next month.

“Brandon predominantly plays at right-back," Manson said. "As I’ve said before, we’re a little bit short of defensive cover in the squad so I was delighted to get him in.

“He’s still going back to America but not until the new year. Even if it’s until January or February it will be beneficial for us to have him involved.

“Brandon played with us when he was a young lad, aged 16 or 17, and he didn’t really look out of place, so it’ll be interesting to see how he has progressed since then.

“I’m sure he’s looking forward to going back to America but also he’s delighted to sign for Wick – he was over the moon to come and play for us this season."



Having trouble getting out to pick up your weekly newspaper?

Get a digital copy of the Courier and Groat delivered straight to your inbox every week and read the full newspaper on your desktop, phone or laptop.

SUBSCRIBE NOW


This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More
');