Man interrupted paramedics providing emergency care Wick Sheriff Court is told
Easier access to your trusted, local news. Have a look at our digital subscription packages!
A sheriff has called for more information about a Wick man who distracted paramedics treating a patient in a local street.
Sheriff Andrew Berry will receive a background report before sentencing 41-year-old Thomas Calder next month.
Calder admitted obstructing or hindering the paramedics and a record of previous offending at Wick Sheriff Court today.
The court was told that the incident occurred in the town's Smith Terrace, on August 30 last year.
Paramedics were interrupted by Calder while treating a patient who needed emergency treatment.
The accused failed to "step back" when requested to do so.
Calder, of Royal Place, Wick, also pleaded guilty to a separate charge of shouting at ambulance men and police officers, staff at Caithness General Hospital, and Wick police station on November 24.
Sheriff Berry called for the background report on the accused after hearing from fiscal David Barclay.
The fiscal said that it was a case that required further inquiry and added:" I rather suspect, sheriff, you will reach a conclusion once you receive the report."
George Mathers said that Calder, a bachelor, had "not been managing his life very well" since the death of his mother in April last year but was taking steps to address drink and drug problems.
The solicitor added: "The accused is very polite when sober."
Sheriff Berry will consider the background report on February 8 when he will also hear details of both offences from the fiscal.