To mark the diamond jubilee local Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland volunteers have been honoured for their work with a card from the charity’s patron, the Queen. They celebrated the occasion with a tea party in the Ross Institute, Halkirk, where they meet each week. Pictured are (back, from left): co-ordinator Alison Brownie and volunteers John Houston, Angela Williamson, Mary Paterson, Carolyn Grant and Fiona Murray, along with (front) Donnie Mowat, Hamish Paterson, Helen Andrew, Cyril Digby-Grant and Jackie Bond.
Queen honours hard working charity volunteers
- Variety is key to Caithness model show success
- Warmest April day for seven years in Wick
- Is this a Teletubby time traveller?
- North MP supports crackdown on delivery charges
- "No chance" of full comeback as Weir's way too happy at home
- Staxigoe hit Lybster for six while champions Groats start with emphatic victory
- Everyone welcome to join in with Greens' title party
- Thurso presentation to focus on Victorian botanist Robert Dick
- Have a ball at this year's European Championships
- Caithness group set off for Anzac Day