Running up and down hills, cycling along country lanes, mountain biking on exhilarating off-road trails, taking a walk in the magnificent Highland scenery or climbing a mountain - we've covered it all in Active Outdoors this year.
Published: Sat 16 Dec 2017
So it's finally open, and people have been crossing the fourth road bridge over the River Ness since Monday, judging for themselves what difference it will make to traffic in Inverness.
Published: Sat 04 Nov 2017
The water of life has never been so well earned, as Jenny Gillies discovered on her first endurance race
Published: Sat 07 Oct 2017
Just getting to the start line seemed like an achievement for me in this year's Glencoe Marathon, an epic trail run over the pass of Glencoe over into the foothills of Ben Nevis.
Published: Sat 19 Aug 2017
I've just put the date of next year's Great Wilderness Challenge in my diary: Saturday, August 11, 2018. That's when hundreds of walkers and runners will again gather in the west coast village of Poolewe to enjoy the majesty of the surrounding landscape.
- Axe set to fall on Highland playparks
- Wick duo set out on charity fundraiser
- Former soldier made death threats
- Police probe road rage incident
- Brandon buys legend's accordion
- Caithness moggy goes on road trip
- Bakery staff have stars in their pies
- Two injured in A9 crash
- New pledge to restore Wick eyesore building
- Police recover Wick harbour plunge car