Police are investigating a fireraising incident in a Wick house which they say could have had serious consquences.
They are seeking information about the torching of a curtain of a house in the town's Battery Road around 8.45am on Sunday, March 5.
Constable PC Stuart Cormack said: "Thankfully the occupants became aware of the fire very quickly and were able to safely extinguish it.
"This incident could have had a far worse outcome particularly given the time of day. Most residents in the area would have been at home on a Sunday morning and any fire that resulted from it could have quickly spread, causing risk of harm not only to the occupants of the property targeted but also their close neighbours."This act of gross recklessness will not be tolerated and I would ask anyone with any information about this incident to come forward as soon as possible.
Anyone with information is asked to call Police Scotland on 101 or the anonymous Crimestoppers line on 0800 555 111.
Wick fireraising probe
- Lights out for action on climate change
- Big-hearted Maddison in charity drive
- Bridge death driver's family wins court action against Highland Council
- 'Cattle are treated better than pregnant women are'
- Thurso illustrator uses 'eejits' to launch his new card game
- Caithness keep up the chase in title race
- Anglers and Vikings miss out on last chance to win silverware
- Cove steal all three points with late winner
- Berriedale Braes work expected to start in 2018
- Hunt for tourism industry stars