Police are investigating a fireraising incident in a Wick house which they say could have had serious consquences.
They are seeking information about the torching of a curtain of a house in the town's Battery Road around 8.45am on Sunday, March 5.
Constable PC Stuart Cormack said: "Thankfully the occupants became aware of the fire very quickly and were able to safely extinguish it.
"This incident could have had a far worse outcome particularly given the time of day. Most residents in the area would have been at home on a Sunday morning and any fire that resulted from it could have quickly spread, causing risk of harm not only to the occupants of the property targeted but also their close neighbours."This act of gross recklessness will not be tolerated and I would ask anyone with any information about this incident to come forward as soon as possible.
Anyone with information is asked to call Police Scotland on 101 or the anonymous Crimestoppers line on 0800 555 111.
Wick fireraising probe
- Anglers fall hook line and sinker to Golspie's Staxigoe stars
- Social security system is there to help in times of need so don't be afraid to ask
- Wick pay the penalty in North Derby defeat
- Seven cars damaged by vandals in Thurso
- Overnight flood hits services at Raigmore
- Vulcan blast reassurance
- Caithness get home tie in Caledonia quarter final
- Kara wins Blairgowrie Open without dropping a leg
- Manson is the man as Wick beat Formartine
- Petition launched to save Town and County