Police are investigating a fireraising incident in a Wick house which they say could have had serious consquences.
They are seeking information about the torching of a curtain of a house in the town's Battery Road around 8.45am on Sunday, March 5.
Constable PC Stuart Cormack said: "Thankfully the occupants became aware of the fire very quickly and were able to safely extinguish it.
"This incident could have had a far worse outcome particularly given the time of day. Most residents in the area would have been at home on a Sunday morning and any fire that resulted from it could have quickly spread, causing risk of harm not only to the occupants of the property targeted but also their close neighbours."This act of gross recklessness will not be tolerated and I would ask anyone with any information about this incident to come forward as soon as possible.
Anyone with information is asked to call Police Scotland on 101 or the anonymous Crimestoppers line on 0800 555 111.
Wick fireraising probe
- Webster named Caithness player of the year
- Tea party at Dunbar Hospital for charity
- Iona and Craig win gold at Scottish Surfing Championships
- Caithness destroy Carnoustie to finish second
- Academy shattered by injury time killer goal
- Overturned lorry blocks Berriedale Braes
- Jobs going at Dounreay
- Post office consultation on mobile service to small villages
- Not a Turriff-ic result for Wick Academy
- Truck traverses the country - on just one tank of fuel