A four-week holiday programme set up by High Life Highland’s Wick active schools co-ordinator, Garry Macleod, came to an end at Dunnet beach with surfing led by local instructor Andy Bain. Following the two-hour session, Andy said: ‘There were epic conditions with everybody before the end of the lesson paddling and catching waves and riding them all the way to the beach.’
Surf's up for youngsters at Dunnet
- Readers' calendar competition finalists revealed - now pick your perfect Caithness picture!
- Henderson finishes seventh at Commonwealth Games
- John Paul knocked out of Keirin semi final
- Oliphant retires in 20km velodrome final
- Hundreds line streets to kick off Wick Gala - watch video here!
- Church appeal for World War One artefacts
- Road upgrade will help transportation of Strathy turbines
- Retailers set to introduce carrier bag charges
- Coastguards warn of seaside dangers
- Thurso teenager Kieran Angus (15) reported missing