A four-week holiday programme set up by High Life Highland’s Wick active schools co-ordinator, Garry Macleod, came to an end at Dunnet beach with surfing led by local instructor Andy Bain. Following the two-hour session, Andy said: ‘There were epic conditions with everybody before the end of the lesson paddling and catching waves and riding them all the way to the beach.’
Surf's up for youngsters at Dunnet
- Readers' calendar competition finalists revealed - now pick your perfect Caithness picture!
- "Use it or lose it" urges leader of Scottish Tories
- Passenger numbers dip at Wick
- Police bid to find missing Helmsdale teenager Lucy Taylor (16)
- Good luck to Caithness athletes taking part in Commonwealth Games!
- Serious crash closes road at Killimster
- Man who drove over cliff at Duncansby Head named
- Soccer coach Paul nets regional award
- End-to-end trek with a difference
- All roads lead to Thurso East