To mark the diamond jubilee local Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland volunteers have been honoured for their work with a card from the charity’s patron, the Queen. They celebrated the occasion with a tea party in the Ross Institute, Halkirk, where they meet each week. Pictured are (back, from left): co-ordinator Alison Brownie and volunteers John Houston, Angela Williamson, Mary Paterson, Carolyn Grant and Fiona Murray, along with (front) Donnie Mowat, Hamish Paterson, Helen Andrew, Cyril Digby-Grant and Jackie Bond.
Queen honours hard working charity volunteers
- Power restored after major failure across north
- Work progressing at Wick council offices - watch video clip here!
- Trials are moving in the right direction
- Owner's heartfelt plea for pet parrot Charlie
- No seventh heaven for Academy's afternoon of hell
- Thurso beat Halkirk in Caithness cup derby
- Mackay-Steven scores to set up cup final date
- Young twitchers urged to sign up for Isle of May training course
- Volunteers wanted for Dunnet beach clean
- Caithness Orchestra stages 'sing or play' Mozart day at Wick church