To mark the diamond jubilee local Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland volunteers have been honoured for their work with a card from the charity’s patron, the Queen. They celebrated the occasion with a tea party in the Ross Institute, Halkirk, where they meet each week. Pictured are (back, from left): co-ordinator Alison Brownie and volunteers John Houston, Angela Williamson, Mary Paterson, Carolyn Grant and Fiona Murray, along with (front) Donnie Mowat, Hamish Paterson, Helen Andrew, Cyril Digby-Grant and Jackie Bond.
Queen honours hard working charity volunteers
- Earl of Seafield sidesteps referendum public debate challenge
- Alistair Darling heading back to Inverness
- Row over 'tacky' sign clutter at Thurso gardens
- Council workers banned from putting Yes No stickers on their own cars
- Nightmare is Salmond as "King of Scotland"
- Police probe intimidation claims by Better Together activisits
- Tributes paid to HLH chair
- Shaun is voice of Highland youth
- Groats beckons for ex-marine on end-to-end charity ride
- Make your vote count