To mark the diamond jubilee local Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland volunteers have been honoured for their work with a card from the charity’s patron, the Queen. They celebrated the occasion with a tea party in the Ross Institute, Halkirk, where they meet each week. Pictured are (back, from left): co-ordinator Alison Brownie and volunteers John Houston, Angela Williamson, Mary Paterson, Carolyn Grant and Fiona Murray, along with (front) Donnie Mowat, Hamish Paterson, Helen Andrew, Cyril Digby-Grant and Jackie Bond.
Queen honours hard working charity volunteers
- Better Together campaign hits Inverness after 'No' polls drop
- "Too much hanging on the oil"
- "You weren't allowed to be outspoken about nationalism"
- Highland power 'keeps English lights on'
- Scots won't be punished for no vote, claims Alexander
- First Minister Alex Salmond to stand down
- Silence over 'vote No or lose your job' claim
- Outrage as signs installed on railings - again
- Alistair Darling heading back to Inverness
- Three points perfect present for birthday boy Connelly