To mark the diamond jubilee local Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland volunteers have been honoured for their work with a card from the charity’s patron, the Queen. They celebrated the occasion with a tea party in the Ross Institute, Halkirk, where they meet each week. Pictured are (back, from left): co-ordinator Alison Brownie and volunteers John Houston, Angela Williamson, Mary Paterson, Carolyn Grant and Fiona Murray, along with (front) Donnie Mowat, Hamish Paterson, Helen Andrew, Cyril Digby-Grant and Jackie Bond.
Queen honours hard working charity volunteers
- Gail Ross MSP named as red squirrel champion
- Weather warning issued in Caithness
- Who do you want to give £30,000 to?
- Academy's Scottish Cup second round fate revealed
- Nuclear transport disaster fears lead to demonstration at airport
- Person injured in crash near Thurso
- Greens grind out win at Strathmore
- Star turn sends Academy into Scottish Cup Second Round
- New website gives insight into Highland councillors' work
- New Stagecoach app to help journey planning