To mark the diamond jubilee local Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland volunteers have been honoured for their work with a card from the charity’s patron, the Queen. They celebrated the occasion with a tea party in the Ross Institute, Halkirk, where they meet each week. Pictured are (back, from left): co-ordinator Alison Brownie and volunteers John Houston, Angela Williamson, Mary Paterson, Carolyn Grant and Fiona Murray, along with (front) Donnie Mowat, Hamish Paterson, Helen Andrew, Cyril Digby-Grant and Jackie Bond.
Queen honours hard working charity volunteers
- Lights out for action on climate change
- Big-hearted Maddison in charity drive
- Bridge death driver's family wins court action against Highland Council
- 'Cattle are treated better than pregnant women are'
- Thurso illustrator uses 'eejits' to launch his new card game
- Caithness keep up the chase in title race
- Anglers and Vikings miss out on last chance to win silverware
- Cove steal all three points with late winner
- Berriedale Braes work expected to start in 2018
- Hunt for tourism industry stars