To mark the diamond jubilee local Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland volunteers have been honoured for their work with a card from the charity’s patron, the Queen. They celebrated the occasion with a tea party in the Ross Institute, Halkirk, where they meet each week. Pictured are (back, from left): co-ordinator Alison Brownie and volunteers John Houston, Angela Williamson, Mary Paterson, Carolyn Grant and Fiona Murray, along with (front) Donnie Mowat, Hamish Paterson, Helen Andrew, Cyril Digby-Grant and Jackie Bond.
Queen honours hard working charity volunteers
- Wick twin town rift "could have been avoided"
- Calls to end surcharges to Caithness and Highlands
- Scorries grab second chance to progress to second round
- Liall looks to deliver knockout performance against Obiora
- VIDEO - Judy Murray trains Thurso tennis stars of the future
- Call for talks to avoid inquiry into Berreidale Braes' upgrade
- Alert sounded over CAB phone scam
- Probe into baby's death at Wick hospital
- Trip to Nairn County reward for replay winners
- New celebrants are wanted as demand rises