To mark the diamond jubilee local Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland volunteers have been honoured for their work with a card from the charity’s patron, the Queen. They celebrated the occasion with a tea party in the Ross Institute, Halkirk, where they meet each week. Pictured are (back, from left): co-ordinator Alison Brownie and volunteers John Houston, Angela Williamson, Mary Paterson, Carolyn Grant and Fiona Murray, along with (front) Donnie Mowat, Hamish Paterson, Helen Andrew, Cyril Digby-Grant and Jackie Bond.
Queen honours hard working charity volunteers
- Wick flag tribute to Paris attacks victims
- Get ready - Thurso cinema reopens tonight
- Taypayers are still footing the bill for councillors to enjoy a free lunch
- Assault charges denied
- Six of the best secures Wick Academy's first ever trophy!
- Kayden Gordon fundraiser reaches £80,000 target
- Dunnet distillery gears up for vodka launch
- Mother's appeal to help buy daughter (6) special bed
- Three sudden deaths in 16 days
- Reading champion appointed for Thurso