To mark the diamond jubilee local Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland volunteers have been honoured for their work with a card from the charity’s patron, the Queen. They celebrated the occasion with a tea party in the Ross Institute, Halkirk, where they meet each week. Pictured are (back, from left): co-ordinator Alison Brownie and volunteers John Houston, Angela Williamson, Mary Paterson, Carolyn Grant and Fiona Murray, along with (front) Donnie Mowat, Hamish Paterson, Helen Andrew, Cyril Digby-Grant and Jackie Bond.
Queen honours hard working charity volunteers
- Readers' calendar competition finalists revealed - now pick your perfect Caithness picture!
- Henderson finishes seventh at Commonwealth Games
- John Paul knocked out of Keirin semi final
- Oliphant retires in 20km velodrome final
- Hundreds line streets to kick off Wick Gala - watch video here!
- Church appeal for World War One artefacts
- Road upgrade will help transportation of Strathy turbines
- Retailers set to introduce carrier bag charges
- Coastguards warn of seaside dangers
- Thurso teenager Kieran Angus (15) reported missing