To mark the diamond jubilee local Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland volunteers have been honoured for their work with a card from the charity’s patron, the Queen. They celebrated the occasion with a tea party in the Ross Institute, Halkirk, where they meet each week. Pictured are (back, from left): co-ordinator Alison Brownie and volunteers John Houston, Angela Williamson, Mary Paterson, Carolyn Grant and Fiona Murray, along with (front) Donnie Mowat, Hamish Paterson, Helen Andrew, Cyril Digby-Grant and Jackie Bond.
Queen honours hard working charity volunteers
- Wick's twin town Klaksvik hits out over councillors' whaling 'ultimatum'
- VIDEO - watch highlights from Caithness Relay for Life
- WHS pupils app-lauded for enterprise
- Latheronwheel man jailed for house raid
- Fireworks guaranteed at Thurso talk
- Wick Blas tickets up for grabs
- Final preparations under way for Caithness Relay for Life
- Lack of support threatens future of Halkirk's Northern Nashville
- Bumper crowds at Bower Gala - picture special
- Police probe robbery at Wick's Dunnets Garage