To mark the diamond jubilee local Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland volunteers have been honoured for their work with a card from the charity’s patron, the Queen. They celebrated the occasion with a tea party in the Ross Institute, Halkirk, where they meet each week. Pictured are (back, from left): co-ordinator Alison Brownie and volunteers John Houston, Angela Williamson, Mary Paterson, Carolyn Grant and Fiona Murray, along with (front) Donnie Mowat, Hamish Paterson, Helen Andrew, Cyril Digby-Grant and Jackie Bond.
Queen honours hard working charity volunteers
- Earl of Seafield sidesteps referendum public debate challenge
- Nightmare is Salmond as "King of Scotland"
- 'Vitriol' spills out at referendum hustings
- "South Kessock is one of our strongholds", independence canvassers claim
- "Use it or lose it" urges leader of Scottish Tories
- Elderly motorist says sorry for cauing fatal crash
- Driver (96) had no memory of hitting cyclists at Auckengill
- A99 death probe hears of driver's previous black-outs
- Would-be robber fled empty-handed
- £9m Dounreay 'Portakabin' is a first