To mark the diamond jubilee local Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland volunteers have been honoured for their work with a card from the charity’s patron, the Queen. They celebrated the occasion with a tea party in the Ross Institute, Halkirk, where they meet each week. Pictured are (back, from left): co-ordinator Alison Brownie and volunteers John Houston, Angela Williamson, Mary Paterson, Carolyn Grant and Fiona Murray, along with (front) Donnie Mowat, Hamish Paterson, Helen Andrew, Cyril Digby-Grant and Jackie Bond.
Queen honours hard working charity volunteers
- Readers' calendar competition finalists revealed - now pick your perfect Caithness picture!
- Passenger numbers dip at Wick
- "Use it or lose it" urges leader of Scottish Tories
- Good luck to Caithness athletes taking part in Commonwealth Games!
- Serious crash closes road at Killimster
- Man who drove over cliff at Duncansby Head named
- Soccer coach Paul nets regional award
- End-to-end trek with a difference
- All roads lead to Thurso East
- Festival time for far north