To mark the diamond jubilee local Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland volunteers have been honoured for their work with a card from the charity’s patron, the Queen. They celebrated the occasion with a tea party in the Ross Institute, Halkirk, where they meet each week. Pictured are (back, from left): co-ordinator Alison Brownie and volunteers John Houston, Angela Williamson, Mary Paterson, Carolyn Grant and Fiona Murray, along with (front) Donnie Mowat, Hamish Paterson, Helen Andrew, Cyril Digby-Grant and Jackie Bond.
Queen honours hard working charity volunteers
- Wilson wants trophies for Wick Academy
- Awesome foursome secures third for Academy
- New lease of life for historic Groats hotel
- Hamnavoe set to return to service on Tuesday
- Countdown begins to Midsummer Night's Scream in Thurso
- To-wit to-woo poser for brothers
- Caithness councillor's plea to stamp out homophobia in schools
- Schoolboy to run charity mile in memory of aunt
- Ex-soldier on hunger strike after benefits axed
- Public 'would accept new nuclear power station'