To mark the diamond jubilee local Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland volunteers have been honoured for their work with a card from the charity’s patron, the Queen. They celebrated the occasion with a tea party in the Ross Institute, Halkirk, where they meet each week. Pictured are (back, from left): co-ordinator Alison Brownie and volunteers John Houston, Angela Williamson, Mary Paterson, Carolyn Grant and Fiona Murray, along with (front) Donnie Mowat, Hamish Paterson, Helen Andrew, Cyril Digby-Grant and Jackie Bond.
Queen honours hard working charity volunteers
- No messing about from new dog dirt campaign
- Points shared in dull draw
- Equine students to stage first indoor puissance competition in Caithness
- Ready, set, plough!
- Scrabster set to launch cruise season
- Rail track operators say sorry for level crossing tragedies
- Petition seeks support for postcode campaign
- Postcard art to benefit good causes
- Tributes paid to award-winning agri editor Joe Watson
- Radiation leak at MOD base kept secret for over two years