To mark the diamond jubilee local Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland volunteers have been honoured for their work with a card from the charity’s patron, the Queen. They celebrated the occasion with a tea party in the Ross Institute, Halkirk, where they meet each week. Pictured are (back, from left): co-ordinator Alison Brownie and volunteers John Houston, Angela Williamson, Mary Paterson, Carolyn Grant and Fiona Murray, along with (front) Donnie Mowat, Hamish Paterson, Helen Andrew, Cyril Digby-Grant and Jackie Bond.
Queen honours hard working charity volunteers
- 'We must get right to stop ravens killing our sheep'
- Rates reduction for Thurso Swimming Pool
- Public will have to loosen their purse strings to use loos
- Demand for Thurso fire station to be upgraded for female firefighters
- McPhee will knuckle down to progress
- Top result for rugby robot creators
- Dunnet vodka shortlisted for national award
- Peatland wind farms 'unlikely' to hinder carbon capture
- Emergency services called to A99 crash
- Caithness guides honour Queen's 90th