To mark the diamond jubilee local Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland volunteers have been honoured for their work with a card from the charity’s patron, the Queen. They celebrated the occasion with a tea party in the Ross Institute, Halkirk, where they meet each week. Pictured are (back, from left): co-ordinator Alison Brownie and volunteers John Houston, Angela Williamson, Mary Paterson, Carolyn Grant and Fiona Murray, along with (front) Donnie Mowat, Hamish Paterson, Helen Andrew, Cyril Digby-Grant and Jackie Bond.
Queen honours hard working charity volunteers
- Train cancellations leave passengers stranded. Again.
- Fireworks enters property in Thurso town centre
- Lib Dem councillor "I was treated unfairly"
- Welcome for HGV speed hike on A9
- Police probe discarded flares
- Don't get caught out by new PPI scam
- Remember to turn clocks back
- E-cigarette charger thought to have started Thurso flat fire
- Thurso surfer looking to make some waves at World Games
- Two sought over Wick fishmonger raid