The North Country Cheviot Sheep Society’s Braeval Trophy, which is awarded annually for the flock that achieves most points at the Caithness and Black Isle shows and at the breed’s Caithness ram sale, has been won for the first time by Alan Simpson, Cairnside, of 36 Oldhall, Watten. Alan, (left), is seen here receiving the trophy from Jim Baillie, Sebay, Tankerness, Orkney, the society’s president.
Cheviot trophy goes to Oldhall flock
- Better Together campaign hits Inverness after 'No' polls drop
- "Too much hanging on the oil"
- "You weren't allowed to be outspoken about nationalism"
- First Minister Alex Salmond to stand down
- Silence over 'vote No or lose your job' claim
- Outrage as signs installed on railings - again
- Council to host service forum in Wick
- Purge on unwanted house visitors promotes surge in business
- Three points perfect present for birthday boy Connelly
- Youth orchestra seeks recruits