The North Country Cheviot Sheep Society’s Braeval Trophy, which is awarded annually for the flock that achieves most points at the Caithness and Black Isle shows and at the breed’s Caithness ram sale, has been won for the first time by Alan Simpson, Cairnside, of 36 Oldhall, Watten. Alan, (left), is seen here receiving the trophy from Jim Baillie, Sebay, Tankerness, Orkney, the society’s president.
Cheviot trophy goes to Oldhall flock
- Shinty club marks close links with Caithness flag
- Car and lorry collide at Georgemas Junction
- Italy school trip "totally ludicrous."
- Darts pupils are aiming for the double top
- Highlands MSP shows support for cot death trust
- Economic report forecasts 100 new jobs a year
- Thurso's new whisky to make store debut
- Anglers pay penalty for fielding ineligible player
- Georgemas crash victim 'serious but stable'
- Sutherland aims for promotion with Peterhead