The North Country Cheviot Sheep Society’s Braeval Trophy, which is awarded annually for the flock that achieves most points at the Caithness and Black Isle shows and at the breed’s Caithness ram sale, has been won for the first time by Alan Simpson, Cairnside, of 36 Oldhall, Watten. Alan, (left), is seen here receiving the trophy from Jim Baillie, Sebay, Tankerness, Orkney, the society’s president.
Cheviot trophy goes to Oldhall flock
- Four-ward thinking Academy too good for Lossie
- Train cancellations leave passengers stranded. Again.
- Fireworks enters property in Thurso town centre
- Lib Dem councillor "I was treated unfairly"
- Welcome for HGV speed hike on A9
- Motorists warned to be extra vigilant for deer
- Police probe discarded flares
- Don't get caught out by new PPI scam
- Remember to turn clocks back
- E-cigarette charger thought to have started Thurso flat fire