The North Country Cheviot Sheep Society’s Braeval Trophy, which is awarded annually for the flock that achieves most points at the Caithness and Black Isle shows and at the breed’s Caithness ram sale, has been won for the first time by Alan Simpson, Cairnside, of 36 Oldhall, Watten. Alan, (left), is seen here receiving the trophy from Jim Baillie, Sebay, Tankerness, Orkney, the society’s president.
Cheviot trophy goes to Oldhall flock
- Thurso A9 roadworks to cause traffic disruption
- MSP highlights importance of local newspapers
- Hunger lunch event to raise Christian Aid cash
- Disabled army corporal smashes JOGLE record
- Treasure hunters turn up historic beer bottle at Dunnet
- Mòd entry deadline draws near
- Clamour for convenience is 'a sin for our seas'
- MSP raises concern over NHS Highland hospital cuts
- Clyth Mains to take part in Open Farm Sunday
- North MSP pushes for more freight to be delivered by rail