The North Country Cheviot Sheep Society’s Braeval Trophy, which is awarded annually for the flock that achieves most points at the Caithness and Black Isle shows and at the breed’s Caithness ram sale, has been won for the first time by Alan Simpson, Cairnside, of 36 Oldhall, Watten. Alan, (left), is seen here receiving the trophy from Jim Baillie, Sebay, Tankerness, Orkney, the society’s president.
Cheviot trophy goes to Oldhall flock
- No messing about from new dog dirt campaign
- One in five people in Caithness descended from Vikings, study claims
- Electricity cable stolen from wind farm
- Points shared in dull draw
- Equine students to stage first indoor puissance competition in Caithness
- Ready, set, plough!
- Scrabster set to launch cruise season
- Rail track operators say sorry for level crossing tragedies
- Petition seeks support for postcode campaign
- Postcard art to benefit good causes