The North Country Cheviot Sheep Society’s Braeval Trophy, which is awarded annually for the flock that achieves most points at the Caithness and Black Isle shows and at the breed’s Caithness ram sale, has been won for the first time by Alan Simpson, Cairnside, of 36 Oldhall, Watten. Alan, (left), is seen here receiving the trophy from Jim Baillie, Sebay, Tankerness, Orkney, the society’s president.
Cheviot trophy goes to Oldhall flock
- Readers' calendar competition finalists revealed - now pick your perfect Caithness picture!
- John Paul knocked out of Keirin semi final
- Oliphant retires in 20km velodrome final
- Hundreds line streets to kick off Wick Gala - watch video here!
- Church appeal for World War One artefacts
- Road upgrade will help transportation of Strathy turbines
- Retailers set to introduce carrier bag charges
- Coastguards warn of seaside dangers
- Thurso teenager Kieran Angus (15) reported missing
- Commonwealth Games premiere for renewable energy animation