The North Country Cheviot Sheep Society’s Braeval Trophy, which is awarded annually for the flock that achieves most points at the Caithness and Black Isle shows and at the breed’s Caithness ram sale, has been won for the first time by Alan Simpson, Cairnside, of 36 Oldhall, Watten. Alan, (left), is seen here receiving the trophy from Jim Baillie, Sebay, Tankerness, Orkney, the society’s president.
Cheviot trophy goes to Oldhall flock
- Wick twin town rift "could have been avoided"
- Community councils shut down due to lack of interest
- Mackenzie on fire as he settles Inverness grudge match
- Thurso Sports Hub unveil proposals for Viewfirth development
- PhD student explores Dounreay industrial heritage
- Liberal Democrats leave SNP in its wake at Aird and Loch Ness by election
- Best of the north's food on show
- Plans to raise mental health awareness
- Thurso music producer works on new BBC sitcom
- Northern lights could dazzle Caithness skies