The North Country Cheviot Sheep Society’s Braeval Trophy, which is awarded annually for the flock that achieves most points at the Caithness and Black Isle shows and at the breed’s Caithness ram sale, has been won for the first time by Alan Simpson, Cairnside, of 36 Oldhall, Watten. Alan, (left), is seen here receiving the trophy from Jim Baillie, Sebay, Tankerness, Orkney, the society’s president.
Cheviot trophy goes to Oldhall flock
- Caithness overpowered by Preston Lodge in shield final
- Sea survival training course on offer in Wick
- Boost for Lyth-based Labrador rehoming charity
- Caithness rugby fans set to invade Cumbernauld
- Thurso High roof repair work almost complete
- Revamped crazy golf course to be unveiled at Rosebank in Wick
- Final preparations under way for Northern Nashville music festival
- Rangers lead mermaid's purse hunt at Sandside Bay
- Caithness freezer name lives on - in England
- Club veteran Morris admits final is 'biggest game'