The North Country Cheviot Sheep Society’s Braeval Trophy, which is awarded annually for the flock that achieves most points at the Caithness and Black Isle shows and at the breed’s Caithness ram sale, has been won for the first time by Alan Simpson, Cairnside, of 36 Oldhall, Watten. Alan, (left), is seen here receiving the trophy from Jim Baillie, Sebay, Tankerness, Orkney, the society’s president.
Cheviot trophy goes to Oldhall flock
- Wick's twin town Klaksvik hits out over councillors' whaling 'ultimatum'
- Police probe robbery at Wick's Dunnets Garage
- Discount retailer Poundland to open Wick store
- Man brandished knife near children
- Highland welcomes 120 probationer teachers
- Well-known Caithness character dies
- Groups gain access to new digital challenge fund
- Prize bingo to be held in memory of Wick boy
- Father to walk from Thurso to Jedburgh to raise CHAS funds
- Scottish Government: 'We will work to unfreeze Highland funds'