The North Country Cheviot Sheep Society’s Braeval Trophy, which is awarded annually for the flock that achieves most points at the Caithness and Black Isle shows and at the breed’s Caithness ram sale, has been won for the first time by Alan Simpson, Cairnside, of 36 Oldhall, Watten. Alan, (left), is seen here receiving the trophy from Jim Baillie, Sebay, Tankerness, Orkney, the society’s president.
Cheviot trophy goes to Oldhall flock
- Ross takes far north Holyrood seat
- VIDEO - Best of British chugs into Caithness
- 'We must get right to stop ravens killing our sheep'
- Groats sendoff for Scottish rugby legends
- Caithness Ladies eye Scottish Cup maiden victory
- Angus is Caithness's first male celebrant
- Club sets sights on women's senior XV
- Fire crews called out to Freswick house fire
- High school pupils set to travel in style
- New timetable for Thurso bus services