The North Country Cheviot Sheep Society’s Braeval Trophy, which is awarded annually for the flock that achieves most points at the Caithness and Black Isle shows and at the breed’s Caithness ram sale, has been won for the first time by Alan Simpson, Cairnside, of 36 Oldhall, Watten. Alan, (left), is seen here receiving the trophy from Jim Baillie, Sebay, Tankerness, Orkney, the society’s president.
Cheviot trophy goes to Oldhall flock
- Gail Ross MSP named as red squirrel champion
- Weather warning issued in Caithness
- Who do you want to give £30,000 to?
- Academy's Scottish Cup second round fate revealed
- Nuclear transport disaster fears lead to demonstration at airport
- Person injured in crash near Thurso
- Greens grind out win at Strathmore
- Star turn sends Academy into Scottish Cup Second Round
- New website gives insight into Highland councillors' work
- New Stagecoach app to help journey planning