The North Country Cheviot Sheep Society’s Braeval Trophy, which is awarded annually for the flock that achieves most points at the Caithness and Black Isle shows and at the breed’s Caithness ram sale, has been won for the first time by Alan Simpson, Cairnside, of 36 Oldhall, Watten. Alan, (left), is seen here receiving the trophy from Jim Baillie, Sebay, Tankerness, Orkney, the society’s president.
Cheviot trophy goes to Oldhall flock
- Readers' calendar competition finalists revealed - now pick your perfect Caithness picture!
- Passenger numbers dip at Wick
- "Use it or lose it" urges leader of Scottish Tories
- Serious crash closes road at Killimster
- Man who drove over cliff at Duncansby Head named
- Soccer coach Paul nets regional award
- End-to-end trek with a difference
- All roads lead to Thurso East
- Festival time for far north
- Search is on for NHS local heroes