It sounded good. DFDS ferries sail every night from Newcastle to Amsterdam. Every spring they have a special offer of a complete package to go to Keukenhof gardens to see the 7 or 8 million tulips there. The Dutch are famous for their tulips, even though they first found them in Kazakhstan.
Published: Mon 14 Aug 2017
The second part of travel writer Ron Smith's journey through Belgium visits Spa and Brussels and explores the country's British connections.
Published: Fri 28 Jul 2017
Belgium is a great place to visit, lots to explore and so often overlooked by us. But - how to get there. Travel writer Ron Smith decided upon the train as his method of transport and in part one of his story, he visited the chaming town of Dinant.
Published: Fri 14 Jul 2017
Dijon, roughly in the middle of France, is the capital of Burgundy, and travel writer Ron Smith discovered more about why the region is famous for its focus on food and wine.
Published: Fri 12 May 2017
ROUGHLY in the centre of France, La Charit sur Loire is a very special place as travel writer Ron Smith discovered on his latest trip across the channel.
- Caithness get home tie in Caledonia quarter final
- Kara wins Blairgowrie Open without dropping a leg
- Manson is the man as Wick beat Formartine
- Petition launched to save Town and County
- Cars vandalised in Thurso
- Scrabster ice plant officially opened
- Caithness family seeks answers to water gremlins
- Plans to develop historic Groats mill
- Green light for Cogle Moss turbine venture
- Contract notice for Berriedale
- Strange remains wash up on Dunnet beach
- Dounreay police alert on speeding motorists
- Pets Factor - vote for your favourite!
- Wick Academy confirm McKenna is new manager
- Canisbay reverend has licence to thrill
- Contract blow casts doubt on future of MeyGen project
- Candlelight protest to save Town and County
- Macgregor scores hat-trick as Academy hammer Rothes
- Puffin Croft to feature on TV show
- Thurso surfers called up to Scotland European Championship squad