THE bowel movement is sweeping Scotland with more than 500,000 people doing their bowel screening test every year.
Published: Thu 17 Mar 2016
NEW research shows that the majority (87 per cent) of people in Scotland think a collision with a pedestrian at 30mph would not be fatal, yet pedestrians are seven times as likely to be killed if hit at 30mph than 20mph.
Published: Wed 09 Mar 2016
MORE people are surviving cancer than ever before thanks to early detection as the earlier cancer is found, the easier it is to treat.
Thurso reader Fergus Corsie took this shot of Thurso Castle from the top of Brims Hill on August 31.
A photo taken by Gavin Russell, of Macleod Road, Wick, looking towards the town from the walkway at the riverside.
Willie Watt, of Whitehouse Park, Wick, captured this shot from Ackergill harbour around 10pm during the recent northern lights display.
Hayley Grant recently captured stormy seas at Scalesburn, Wick.
Reader Dan Malcolm took this shot of Dunnet Beach in the early afternoon on Sunday December 29.
Chris Sinclair took this shot during a family outing on a very unseasonal day at Loch More.
This unusual view of Loch Watten was taken by reader Alex MacDonald.
The age-old skills of the thatcher were brought back to life when the Laidhay croft museum in Dunbeath engaged on a £10,000 three-week programme to make one of the county's top tourist attractions wind- and water-tight.
- Caithness get home tie in Caledonia quarter final
- Kara wins Blairgowrie Open without dropping a leg
- Manson is the man as Wick beat Formartine
- Petition launched to save Town and County
- Cars vandalised in Thurso
- Scrabster ice plant officially opened
- Caithness family seeks answers to water gremlins
- Plans to develop historic Groats mill
- Green light for Cogle Moss turbine venture
- Contract notice for Berriedale
- Strange remains wash up on Dunnet beach
- Dounreay police alert on speeding motorists
- Pets Factor - vote for your favourite!
- Wick Academy confirm McKenna is new manager
- Canisbay reverend has licence to thrill
- Contract blow casts doubt on future of MeyGen project
- Candlelight protest to save Town and County
- Macgregor scores hat-trick as Academy hammer Rothes
- Puffin Croft to feature on TV show
- Thurso surfers called up to Scotland European Championship squad